In accordance with the laws and regulations in place, the Policy explains:
- What personal data we collect and how we collect it
- How we use personal data
- Who can access the personal data and how long the personal data is kept
- The transfer and communication of personal data to third parties
- Security and confidentiality of personal data
- Your rights regarding personal data
- Those responsible for this Policy
This Policy applies to Esker’s websites (www.esker.com, www.flydoc.com, www.esker.fr, www.flydoc.fr, www.esker.co.uk, www.esker.com.au, www.esker.com.sg, www.esker.com.my, www.esker.es, www.esker.de, www.esker.it, www.esker.be, www.esker.co.nl), (collectively “Esker Websites”).
The personal data we collect and how we collect it
When you visit the Esker Websites, we collect the following types of personal data:
- Personal identity data (first and last names)
- Professional data (job title, department, company name)
- Contact data (phone and fax numbers, email address)
- Location data (IP address, home address, work address)
- Connection data (cookies)
You provide us directly with some of this personal data, particularly when:
- You complete an information request or documentation download forms on the Esker Websites
- You use the various means of contact available on the Esker Websites
- You provide us with your contact details during a tradeshow or similar event in order to be contacted at a later date
- You subscribe to Esker’s blog or engage with Esker’s chat service
- You or your company sign a service contract or register your product
- You submit an employment application to Esker’s Human Resources department
We also obtain personal data with your consent when you browse the Esker Websites via the use of Internet technologies, including “cookies”.
The use and purposes of processing personal data
We only use your personal data to carry out the processing for which it was collected, namely for:
- Creating your Esker account
- Responding to your requests for information or documentation
- Conducting marketing activities, including issuing newsletters, product information, and event invitations
- Processing your employment application
- Sending information relative to your account and Esker products you or your company has purchased
- Customising and facilitating your navigation on the Esker Websites
Restricted access to personal data and limited retention of personal data
Access to personal data is strictly reserved for Esker employees who need to access it in order to process it. These people are subject to strict confidentiality obligations and may be subject to disciplinary sanctions, up to and including termination, in the event of a breach of these obligations.
We do not store personal data beyond the time necessary to fulfil the purpose(s) for which it was collected, in accordance with applicable legal and regulatory limits. In particular:
- Data collected from a form fill or a tradeshow is kept for three years
- Data relating to a candidate is kept for two years
- Connection data (cookies) is kept for one year
- Data collected through the contract that you or your company has signed with Esker is kept for a period of 5 years from the end of the relationship
Transfer and sharing of personal data
As part of our international operations, we may receive and transfer your personal data in countries outside of the European Union while guaranteeing a level of data protection. Any transfer of your personal data by us outside of the European Union is ensured by Esker by a signature of standard contractual clauses for the purposes of protecting your data in accordance with European regulation requiremenets.
For the execution of certain processes, we may share the personal data we have collected with our subsidiaries, partners and suppliers for the use of Esker Services, marketing and advertising purposes relating to our services.
Security and confidentiality of personal data
Esker implements all the necessary security measures to protect personal data against unauthorised access and any unauthorised modification, disclosure or destruction. Additionally, all of our employees are aware of and trained on this Policy.
Your rights regarding your personal data
By visiting the Esker Websites, communicating with our teams and completing our forms, you are agreeing to the processing of your personal data in accordance with this Policy.
In accordance with applicable laws and regulations, specifically the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act, your rights include: access, rectification, deletion, limitation, opposition, and filing a complaint to an independent regulatory body whose mission is to ensure that data privacy law is applied; and where applicable: portability, withdrawal of consent, and organisation of your personal data in the event of death.
To exercise your rights, contact us at the following address: email@example.com.
Those responsible for Esker’s Policy
Esker is committed to respecting and protecting personal data. In order to ensure the proper application of the rules defined for the security of personal data, Esker has designated:
- A Data Protection Officer (DPO) who ensures compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) within Esker, oversees the teams during process implementation, provides assistance with requests related to the protection of personal data, informs and educates employees.
- A Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) who oversees the management of information security at Esker. This person assists teams with security topics and educates employees.