Algeco Automates Its Accounts Receivable Process with Esker
Derby, UK — November 12th, 2019 — Esker, a worldwide leader in AI-driven document process automation solutions and pioneer in cloud computing, today announced that Algeco, a leading supplier of modular building solutions, has chosen Esker to automate its accounts receivable (AR) processes throughout Europe. Esker’s Accounts Receivable solution has enabled Algeco to automate the delivery of 400,000 customer invoices annually via any channel (e.g., post, email, public administration platforms and EDI), improve productivity and increase customer satisfaction.
The move to implement an automated AR solution supported Algeco’s overall global digitalization strategy. Already an Esker Mail Services customer in the UK and Southern Europe since 2011, the decision to extend its relationship with Esker came naturally. Algeco was facing a multitude of challenges that pushed the company towards automation, including:
- Increased customer demands regarding invoice reception channels (e.g., EDI for large accounts and specific platforms for public administrations)
- The need to harmonize and centralize invoicing processes (certain invoices were sent by an external service provider and others managed directly by Algeco agencies)
- The ability to absorb key invoicing peaks related to the rental model (75 percent of monthly invoices issued on the same day)
Esker’s solution was implemented in three steps, and has enabled Algeco to automate invoice delivery via any channel:
- Invoices sent by postal mail and email (PDF or link to download invoices), with the objective of decreasing paper invoices and moving to 100-percent e-invoices
- E-invoices sent in compliance with public administration platforms such as Chorus in France, SDI in Italy and FACe in Spain
- E-invoices sent via EDI by the end of 2019 to meet the needs of large customers
“Today Esker processes 98 percent of Algeco France’s invoices and more than 50 percent of our company’s invoices from Italy, Spain, UK and Portugal,” said Jean-Luc Vielmont, CIO France at Algeco. “There are a dozen more countries left to integrate, and now that we can manage all invoice delivery methods, our goal is to move our customers to e-invoicing to generate economies of scale.”
Within just a few months of implementation, Esker has enabled Algeco to centralize invoice processing within one solution, as well as provided the following benefits:
- Increased invoice status visibility with dashboards and customizable indicators
- Reduced invoice delivery costs thanks to outsourcing and automation
- Improved customer satisfaction by giving them the ability to receive their invoices according to delivery preferences and access them at any time via a dedicated web portal
- Competitive advantage thanks to EDI for large group tenders
Algeco Group is Europe and Asia Pacific’s leading business services company specializing in modular space. The company creates smart spaces for people to live, work and learn. The business is designed to help customers find the right space solution, no matter what their requirements. Headquartered in London, Algeco has operations in 22 countries with approximately 240,000 modular space and portable storage units and 3,400 remote accommodations rooms. The company operates as Algeco in Europe, Elliott in the United Kingdom, Ausco in Australia, Portacom in New Zealand, and Algeco Chengdong in China.
Esker is a worldwide leader in cloud-based document process automation software, helping financial and customer service departments digitally transform their purchase-to-pay (P2P) and order-to-cash (O2C) cycles. Used by more than 6,000 companies worldwide, Esker’s solutions incorporate technologies like artificial intelligence (AI) to drive increased productivity, enhanced visibility, reduced fraud risk, and improved collaboration with customers, suppliers and internally. Esker operates in North America, Latin America, Europe and Asia Pacific with global headquarters in Lyon, France, and U.S. headquarters in Madison, Wisconsin. For more information on Esker and its solutions, visit http://www.esker.co.uk. Follow Esker on LinkedIn at Esker – Northern Europe, or on Twitter at @EskerNEurope and join the conversation on the Esker blog.